About Forum About Forum

At the discussion area you can discuss about the pilot, use of netbooks in schools and specific ideas for your pedagogical projects. The forum is important to give us input for the future pedagogical scenarios.

Select a category you like and then click on "Post new thread" to add a message. To post or reply you need to be logged in.

Use Google Translator

The posts in this forum are in different languages. You can use the Google Translator to translate the content into your own language.

Forum (Forum) Forum (Forum)
Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Eminent Conference with 12 Netbook Teachers!
toggle
The Eminent conference will take place on 8-10 November. This year 12 netbook teachers have been invited to the event and they will represent their school and country telling about their netbook experiences.

The 12 teachers are invited to this forum to know each others before the conference. Other teachers are also welcome to post any tips of good practices they think are worth to be mentioned in the Eminent conference.
Flag Flag
RE: Eminent Conference with 12 Netbook Teachers!
10/17/10 3:53 PM as a reply to Elina Jokisalo.
It seems I am the first oneemoticon)

I am from Turkey and a teacher of English for 8 years now.I was born in Istanbul in 1981 and I graduated from English Language and Literature department of Istanbul University in 2003.

I love my job,I guess,as I am the talkative typeemoticon

I was new to etwinning last year and I was involved in some projects,two of which now have the European Quality Label.

This year my school is involved in 1:1 educational computing pilot project and 6 teachers are involved in this pilot project actively:
biology,chemistry,maths,physics are the branches of these teachers.
Apart from them,there is me,as the coordinator and the teacher of English and there is our ICT Director.

We haven't received our netbooks yet but as all my students have their own computers at home,they have done many things so far.

And I, as a netbook ambassador,have worked a lotemoticon

At first,the teachers in my country felt themselves 'lost' as no prepatory course was given before the project was launched. But as the days have passed,they have found out their 'own way' of doing things with the help of Mr.Mehmet Muharremoglu.

Now,every school has its own wikispace, we have opened a teachers' room on eTwinning, a facebook page and a googlegroup.
You can see our templates in the work area of this site and you can find our posts to find partners in the forum of this site again.

My school has a googlegroup too.We use it to communicate and discuss things.
My class also has a facebook page.They practise English there and upload videos,etc...

This year we are planning to work on mind mapping. Our students,who are learning both English and German, have enrolled for a course given by an acredited iMindMap Master.(TONY BUZAN's iMindMap)

We have been getting prepared to launch two projects this year: a science/maths project and a foreign language project.If you are interested,please visit the forum(partner finding) in the community section of this site.

If you'd like to see what my school has done so far ,you can visit our wikispace: http://istanbuluskudarlisesi.wikispaces.com/
And if you like to write me, ycltzn@gmail.com

yes,you see,I am the 'talkative type'emoticon)
Flag Flag
10/18/10 4:13 PM as a reply to yücel tüzün.
hello, i am the other Turkish ambassador, you know.

i read the post of my colleague Miss Yucel, and i want to thank her a lot. She is very hardworking.

Thank you again to sum up all the events in Turkiye, we hope we will be doing good in Copenhagen!
Flag Flag
12/19/10 3:05 PM as a reply to Elina Jokisalo.
Dear Elina,
I think it will be useful for all of us to know something about the results of the conference you mention in your post. If I understand properly the 12 teachers represent the countries involved in the Pilot Project.
It would be interesting to have some ideas about
- the state of art
- the process of the project
- the evaluation
- new ideas.

Thanks a lot
Fabrizio
Flag Flag