About Forum About Forum

At the discussion area you can discuss about the pilot, use of netbooks in schools and specific ideas for your pedagogical projects. The forum is important to give us input for the future pedagogical scenarios.

Select a category you like and then click on "Post new thread" to add a message. To post or reply you need to be logged in.

Use Google Translator

The posts in this forum are in different languages. You can use the Google Translator to translate the content into your own language.

Forum (Forum) Forum (Forum)
Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Windows 8
toggle
Windows 8
4/20/12 12:47 PM
Has anyone tried to download Windows 8 (beta version)? I have and I appreciate the ergonomic emoticon but a few programs are not available anymore emoticon. For example, the ACER ring has disappeared. Then, Office starter is not compatible (for the moment). I reinstalled Audacity but I can't get the LAME with this version. If you have any solutions to these problems, I'd be glad to know them. Thanks in advance.
Laurence
Flag Flag
RE: Windows 8
5/2/12 12:38 PM as a reply to Laurence Langlois-Bluem.
Hello Laurence,

Did you try the latest version of Windows 8 (Windows 8 Consumer Preview from february) or the other Developper:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso
On latest version the store is now active so it mean more application!

The problem with Office Starter is about the TLS connection with the download server. It's not a compatibility problem (For Office 2010 it's working fine). I will look foward to find a solution.

Anyway if you want to roll back, you can use the two DVD provide with the tablet to restore the Windows 7 configuration and the Ring fonction.

I will let you know what I find on TLS protocol with W8, I think we can fix it.
I have two way of investigation, Internet Explorer security and The time zone for the moment...

Have a nice day,

David SIMON.
Flag Flag